This week has been a busy one for makeitgood x FatKidOnFire interviews, and this next one is sure not to disappoint. Dwayne Marsh (AKA D1) has stepped up to the plate and has given us an interview about producing, djing and what it is like being signed to Dub Police. if you haven’t had a chance to listen to his stuff, i SERIOUSLY advice you do, he stuff is sick, especially COCAINE and i’m loving. interview below. peace
1. What made you start producing music?
My dad made music (Jungle producer Michael Anthony Marsh) and my mum used to sing so I suppose its was inevitable that I would start making music. It’s the only thing that really ever keeps my concentration.
2. How long have you been producing dub/dubstep for? Did you produce other music before?
I started making dubstep when i was about 15 so its been about 7/8 years. I was signed to Tempa when i was 16 and i was with them for about 6 years. Dubstep has always been the main music that I produce.
3. As your signed to Dub Police, can we look forward to anything new soon?
Yeah there should hopefully be release coming by the end of september which will be Bleeps To Broadway and a track I have done with Jenna G called Flood Of Emotion.
4. Turntables or CDJ’s?
Turntables allday everyday .
5. Best set you’ve played? Why?
It’s a set I played recently in ibiza at a night called Reclaim The Dancefloor. Everything just seemed to go right in that set, the mixing the vibe, everything was just right.
6. What software do you use to produce your tracks?
Logic 9 rewired with reason.
7. makeitgood’s favourite track is “Cocaine”.. but for you what track was your favourite to produce?
I don’t know, theres no one standout track but if there was it would most probably be ongie bongie.
8. What music are you listening to at the moment?
Everything and anything. I love listening to all types of music but really feeling the Hurts at the moment.
9. Best artist you have played alongside has been?
Don’t know, but there’s been a few.
10. Any advice to those who are starting out as producers/dj’s?
Just work your socks off but also try to do what makes you happy first of all.